    more degrees, presently it is running idle at about 46C with 2120mhz
    overclock, and runs to 53C at full load.
    Patrick

    Patrick, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Patrick

    Bill Guest

    I've tried 2 different styles of funnel adapter and didn't see any
    improvement in cooling, though the 80mm fans were a bit quieter.

    Take a look at this:

    http://www.tr2tt.com/English/Products/coolers/m2.htm

    I'm currently running one on at 4500RPM on a 2500+ Barton at 2255MHz
    < 13.5 x 167Mhz FSB > temps top out at around 46C after an hour of
    UT2003 while running Prime95 torture test in the background. And it's
    pretty quiet.

    They're $10.99 plus shipping at Newegg.

    Bill

    Bill, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Patrick

    Roger M Guest

    If you do this please post back the results. Mine has been running hotter since
    over clocking it. I can run it faster and faster the more voltage I add but it
    gets real hot. Up into the high 60s.

    Roger

    Roger M, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Patrick

    S.Heenan Guest

    It's been my experience 80 to 60mm fan adapters don't work very well at all.
    The Spire Falconrock or the Speeze 5F263B1M3 are both inexpensive, quiet
    solutions using 80mm fans.

    S.Heenan, Jun 29, 2003
  5. Patrick

    Bill Guest

    In what way?

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 1, 2003
  6. Patrick

    Ed Light Guest

    It has a similar or identical fan, but a much better heat sink (by the looks
    of it), so should run cooler temps.

    The Aero has a special design where the air blows through to the cpu, like
    Thermal Integration models, only quieter.

    Ed Light, Jul 1, 2003
  7. Patrick

    Bill Guest

    The heatsink on the TR2 M2 apeears identical to the heat sink used on
    the Thermaltake Volcano 9 which isn't a bad HSF in it's own right. I
    don't have a Vantec Aero on hand so I can't directly compare them. Have
    you done this?
    Not quite sure what you mean by " blows through the cpu ". The OP was
    looking for a cheap cooling solution that worked. The MR2 is 11 bucks
    at Newegg, the Aero 27 bucks. The MR2 is also speed adjustable for
    quieter operation. My present cpu temp is 37C surfing the net. On days
    where the room temp is 26C < my AC kicks in above that > running
    Prime95 torture test while playing UT2003 I've seen the temp go to 50C.
    Switching the fan from medium to high knocks the temp doen to 46C. I
    have no doubt the Aero might buy me a couple of degrees, but for cheap,
    quiet, and more than adequate cooling if your not highly overclocking,
    I'd still go with the TR2 MR2. For wringing out the cpu for all it's
    worth I use SLK-800s with Thermaltake Smartfan II fans. Nothing wrong
    with the Aero except I think it's a bit overpriced.

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 1, 2003
  8. Patrick

    Ed Light Guest

    There's a core like a dowel on the cpu and the fins radiate from it, so
    blowing down through it the air actually reaches the cpu edges.

    Ed Light, Jul 2, 2003
  9. Patrick

    Bill Guest

    <snip>