    would like to know if anyone has had experience with this combination.

    Thanks
    Martin

    Martin Reddington, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Martin Reddington

    PC Gladiator Guest

    I just installed a Netgear WGR614 for a person. Used a Netgear wireles card
    though hooked to an old Gateway running W98. Worked seamlessly right out of
    the box.

    I can understand your concerns with mixing equipment especially with the "g
    standard". You may want to purchase the Netgear router locally and know
    their return policy in case there are issues.

    PC Gladiator, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Martin Reddington

    Fann Low Guest

    Quite good but I rather recommand you Cisco Areonet,Linksys or 3 Com

    Fann Low, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Martin Reddington

    Somebody Guest

    While I do not have that combination, I do have the WGR614. I bought it to
    replace my old Linksys 802.11b router. I got it mostly because it includes a
    firewall so I no longer have to run software firewalls on each of my PCs
    (4), saves money. In all the reviews, the Netgear rates higher than the
    other brands, though I've not really had much of any trouble with my
    Linksys. One thing I am a little irritated about though is that soon after I
    bought the WGR614, they came out with their newer version (only software was
    changed!) that is their 802.11g "Turbo" version (108 Mbits nominal). And of
    course they are charging about $40-$50 more even though other vendors (like
    D-Link) have provided free software upgrades to boost their G customers to
    the same speed. The only other thing I'd like to see from them soon is a
    firmware upgrade with the new WPA security support to replace using WEP.
    Right now I am using the WGR614 in 802.11b-only-mode because my client
    adapters are still 802.11b. However, I have noticed the signal strength is
    better and the average speed of the links is higher than with the old
    Linksys.

    All that said, I am still happy with it as it only cost $60 after a rebate
    and I was able to sell the Linksys for $20.

    Regards,

    John

    Somebody, Nov 30, 2003