    label names.

    thanks in advance,
    Matthias[/QUOTE]

    Matthias Arndt, Mar 2, 2005

  2. I wouldn't say that a program that converts binary files into db
    statements is a disassembler. more like a data dumper.

    Are you sure you don't need an argument file of some sort to specify
    program and data sections or something like that? Or a start address?

    A decent disassembler should be able to trace out valid code bytes in
    the binary by following jumps/branches and perhaps even jump tables.

    It sounds like that program is considering your program as all data space.

    A simple Google search for: Intel 8051 disassembler
    came up with many hits, some with C-source. Like this one:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone5/cat780/19841.htm

    on further analysis, that link ended up at:

    http://www.8052.com/users/disasm/

    Which should have been about the first place you looked.

    Rufus

    Rufus V. Smith, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Hiya,
    According to its sourcecode, it is a full disassembler.
    It didn't offer much command line options but yes, it really seemed to
    threat all my HEX files as data. However I could'n manage to convince it
    to take it as code. Althoguh it even said: CSEG AT 100h. Well, never mind!
    For sure, that is exactly what I was looking for when searching for a
    disassembler.
    Exactly what I was looking for. Seems I missed that out when looking for
    it via Google. I knew about 8052.com for long but seems I forgot to look
    there for specific stuff. This disassembler and gui works pretty good
    for me!

    Thanks for your fast and useful help, next time I hopefully will not
    forget about 8052.com ;)

    cheers,
    Matthias[/QUOTE]

    Matthias Arndt, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Matthias Arndt

    Ian Bell Guest

    You need Jeff Post's wonderful disassembler. You can find it at:

    http://home.pacbell.net/theposts/

    Ian

    Ian Bell, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Hiya,

    Thanks! Was more or less already pointed there. It is the same project
    as on 8052.com. I already mailed Jeff for some additional features.

    It works very well and does exactly what I was looking for!

    cheers,
    Matthias[/QUOTE]

    Matthias Arndt, Mar 4, 2005
  6. Matthias Arndt

    Ian Bell Guest

    You may find Jeff is rather busy at the moment.
    You may be interested to know that he and I are cooperating on a Linux (well
    cross platform really) 8051 simulator too.

    Ian

    Ian Bell, Mar 4, 2005
  7. Matthias Arndt

    larry2917