    after about one second. No beeps. No POST.

    Thanks for any ideas, tips, or solutions.
    CB

    Cavebutter, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Cavebutter

    Thagor Guest

    (Cavebutter) wrote in
    Suspect the power supply isn't handling the load, the cpu is overheating,
    or you have farked the installation. Re-check all your hook ups including
    the cpu fan and/or substitute the power supply.

    Thagor, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Cavebutter

    OldFartJAC Guest

    First of all since it doesn't beep and start to post then remove everything
    connected to the motherboard except the CPU and HSF (heat sink fan)
    assembly. Remove the video card, ram, hard drive power and data cables and
    the floppy cables and any other devices you have connected to the
    motherboard. Just turn it on with just the CPU and HSF running and the case
    speaker hooked up to the motherboard. It should give you POST error beeps
    since no memory or video card is installed or keyboard or mouse. If it stays
    up and running then start adding one item at a time starting with keyboard
    and mouse and then the video card so you can see the POST on the display.
    Then just keep adding things 1 at a time till it quits, then you will know
    where the problem is. Also, I've had bad ram cause a no POST condition and
    no error beeps. Make sure the board did not short to the case. Good luck.

    OldFartJAC, Nov 22, 2004