8500DV and Star Wars Galaxies problem

Discussion in 'ATI' started by jtown, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. jtown

    jtown Guest

    This weekend, I noticed a weird problem with SWG. When in full
    screen mode, it seems like certain textures bleed over into the
    wrong place. It's hard to describe but once I was standing
    near the water and suddenly everything around me was water,
    right down to the rippling effect. If I turned the POV, some
    small parts of the screen would redraw correctly only to become
    corrupted again. Sometimes I'll be in the city and purple will
    take over. A solid purple, not textured. If I move, I can get
    glimpses of building edges but they always get painted over with
    purple if I stop moving.

    Very weird.

    Even stranger is the fact that I can switch to window mode and
    everything goes back to normal (tho gamma correction doesn't work
    in window mode so it's darker than I like).

    I'm running XP Pro with DX9b and the catalyst 3.6 bundle.
    XP1800+, 512 megs of PC2100, Epox EP-8KHA+ mobo. All of the
    updates for XP are installed except .net, messenger, and MP9.

    Is there some effect I need to turn off? Do I need to change
    drivers?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jamie