865PE Neo2-FIS2R Problems

Discussion in 'MSI' started by farmer, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. farmer

    farmer Guest

    I recently purchased the 865PE Neo2-FIS2R to build my new system. I'm
    mostly satisfied, with two (2) exceptions:
    1) With older AGP 4X cards, it seems the default AGP voltage is too
    low; if you experience random lockups and you have eliminated all
    other suspected problems, try increasing the AGP voltage to the next
    highest voltage (i.e. 1.7v)
    2) This is my main gripe about the board...There are six (6) USB ports
    on the back riser, and a pin header for the remaining two (2) I have
    no problems with any devices plugged into the rear ports, but anytime
    I try to use the internal ports, the USB devices never work. That is,
    until I open the case, disconnect the device, then reconnect it while
    the machine is powered on. This holds true for every device I've tried
    (flash memory readers, hard drives, game controllers, scanners, when
    used in conjunction with the front-mounted ports on my case)
    After reading some of the posts within MSI's own user forum, I checked
    my BIOS revision, which turns out to be 1.0, and the current available
    revision is 1.3, so perhaps that is the problem (?)
    What's wrong? Am I to expect that nothing will work as promised? Until
    the manufacturers learn to release a finished, complete, and
    thoroughly tested product, I'm keeping my $$$ in my pocket, or
    spending it on alcohol ;)

    farmer, Jun 27, 2003