865PE Neo2-P settings

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Bolooser11, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. Bolooser11

    Bolooser11 Guest

    Just got the above mobo (MS-6728 Ver:2) and I want to have it going
    with Win98SE and first need some advices :

    I'll put in it two Maxtor HDD ultra ATA 133 (40 gig 7200 rpm)on IDE1
    as master and slave and on IDE2 one CD player as master and one Yamaha
    CD burner as slave (the set up I have now).

    I would like to know if what I read is the good way to go concerning the
    "on-chip ide configuration" :

    Legacy mode
    ATA configuration : PATA + SATA
    S.ATA keep enabled : yes
    P.ATA keep enabled : yes
    PATA channel select : both
    Combines mode operat° : PATA first
    S-ATA ports definit° : PO-3rd/P1-4th
    ------------------------------------

    I'll put in it my unlocked Northwood P4 2.4
    and a stick of Micron DDR 3200 (already have these also).
    I'll set the P4 to 24X200 and the ram
    to 200 also.

    Thanks for any advices

    Bolooser11, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Bolooser11

    mozetti Guest

    If you don't have any SATA drives, then there's no reason to enable
    SATA support.

    If you add SATA drives later, you can always turn it back on.

    mozetti, Jul 19, 2005