875 neo 2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by George, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. George

    George Guest

    Hi,

    I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction with this
    beastie!

    Had the mobo a month or so, and it behaved itself ok until recently,
    when after a restart it just didn't see one of the hard drives - the
    boot drive in fact.

    I have the following setup on the mobo (bios v1.6)

    ide0 master c drive (boot)
    ide1 master dvd writer
    ide1 slave dvd player
    ide 2 master (promise controller) d drive
    sata 1 and 2 on the promise sata controller.

    I got it to start once when it didn't see a lot of stuff like a drive
    or two and it didn't pick up the fact that the mobo has a built in
    lan, in fact it was enough that xp pro rated it as a major change to
    spec and I had to reregister xp pro.

    After adjusting settings in the bios I restarted and it didn't see
    the dvd drives (both of them) restarted again and it's seeing all the
    drives, but no network card, but it is running like treacle, when a 3
    GHz HT processor should make it a tad quicker than that :)

    I've feeling that the bios settings got munged and to be honest have
    spent so many hours tweaking pata and sata settings that I can't
    remember what the hell they were on in the first place when they
    worked!!

    Anyone help me with the settings? I'm not running raid on the sata
    promise controller by the way,

    thanks
    George.
    please reply to the newsgroup - it's not my email address in the header!

    George, Sep 15, 2003