875P Neo FIS2R MAT=INTRUSIVE GIMMICK

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Scott, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    After some time testing out this board, I have found that the MAT function
    is an intrusive gimmick, Here is how;

    In the frequency settings with bios revision 1.60 we have 4 options of
    "performance"
    1. slow
    2. fast
    3. Turbo
    4. Ultra Turbo

    Now in reply to another post here, even viewing the stability problems
    people are reporting with higher performance ram such as Corsair and OCZ, we
    now can understand why these problems exist.

    1. MSI needs to add an option in the performance settings of "disabled" The
    reason for this is that MAT is taking the control of the ram settings out of
    our hands and effectively locking us into what MSI thinks the ram timings
    ought to be in various performance modes.

    In the slow mode, the ram timings, no matter what the true SPD should read
    is always 2.5. 4.4.7(8) In fast mode a bit more aggressive and so on up to
    ultra turbo mode. Basically, we are LOCKED OUT OF SETTING OUR OWN DRAM
    TIMINGS!!

    When reviewing this one can easily see MSI is literally using a nice little
    gimmick here to sell what they call "memory performance technology" <<
    HORSESHIT!!

    The real truth here is that MSI is locking us into certain ram timing modes,
    and without a "disabled" option to go along with the slow, fast, turbo, and
    ultra turbo, we are at the mercy of what this motherboard wishes to set our
    ram timings at based upon the MAT function. This MAT is a pure bullshit
    gimmick because without it , we have complete control over what WE WISH TO
    SET THE DRAM TIMINGS AT...

    Try it. start with slow mode, set your ram in the dram timings to whatever
    you wish to set it at. No matter what you set the ram at, it will run at the
    MAT'S predetermined dram timings. I consider this completely intrusive and I
    am very upset at MSI for pulling a so called fast one here..

    MSI, I am on to your bullshit "MAT technology" My "ass" "technology" its
    more suited to be called "scamology"

    It is pure pre spec driven and user unfriendly intrusive krap.. I am waiting
    for someone to prove me wrong. I will be happy to provide screen shots,
    benchmarks, whatever. Prove me wrong!!

    As for MSI, AD A DISABLE OPTION IN THE "PERFORMANCE" SETTING UNDER THE
    FREQUENCY CONTROL PAGE.

    2, GIVE US BACK COMPLETE CONTROL OF WHAT WE WANT TO SET OUR DRAM TIMINGS AT,
    NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE THE TIMINGS SET AT!!

    That means if I am running MAT "disabled" and I set my dram to 2.3.3.5 (8)
    WE WANT TO SEE THAT IN CPU-Z THAT IN FACT THE DRAM IS RUNNING AT WHAT WE
    WANT IT TOO, NOT WHAT YOUR BS MAT THINKS IT OUGHT TO RUN AT..

    This is total BS, There are some people who do not know a damned thing about
    computers and you are conning them. I will start to make loud noises on this
    issue until you fix this "scamology" starting with all the tech sites on the
    web (half of them are either paid off, or plain old stupid idiots)

    Am I wrong MSI? Prove it!! Until then, I will use my spare time to expose
    your bs MAT and make my case to every tech site out there until you either
    fix this or your biz suffers from this..

    Have a nice [email protected]@!!!

    Scott, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I just recently tried for the first time. We will see if they respond to
    this issue. It is just a shame MSI has to resort to "scamology" to sell
    their boards. I had it with Abit because their boards flat out sucked, and
    they pulled the old "let's release version 2 of this first board we made
    because it sucks" MSI does this, Abit does it. But hence, I do not see Asus
    doing this. They will be contending for my next choice for a mainboard along
    with Soyo or Gigabyte.

    I am close to having enough of MSI because of this issue, All I want out of
    a mainboard company is honesty. With so called "MAT" we just are not getting
    honesty. We are being conned.

    Scott, Jul 17, 2003