875P NEO-FIS2R - trouble booting with a PCI Promise Ultra133 TX2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by DonMiche, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. DonMiche

    DonMiche Guest

    I'm having trouble booting XP when Promise 20378 is set as Raid array.
    XP freezes after reading boot.ini off the Maxtor drive (see setup).
    I know this because I added entries in boot.ini to test this.

    Here is my setup:

    Maxtor 200GB drive on PCI Controler Promise Ultra133 TX2 (came with
    the drive as a kit) - running at UDMA/133 and contains my boot
    partition.

    IDE Channel 1 - 2 other hard drives, running at UDMA/100
    IDE Channel 2 - CD-RW and DVD-drive

    IDE Channel 3 (Promise 20378) - 2 IBM Deskstar 60 GB, Raid 0.

    -Bios is set to boot Maxtor drive. It boots as long as Promise 20378
    is disabled or set as SATA.

    Motherboard bios at 1.6.

    Any ideas?

    DonMiche, Jul 7, 2003