    dark and adjusting the in-game gamma settings doesn't have any effect.

    Thanks
    Matthias

    Access, Feb 24, 2007

  2. Access

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Feb 24, 2007

  3. Access

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    Ugh, under-lit OpenGL textures, we were just discussing them in "What
    does the ICC/Display Optimization Wizard" do.

    In the Color Correction area of your Forceware drivers, you have the
    ramp grid on your left (it's interactive, drag that function line all
    around to see how it works), ICC profile selection drop down box under
    it, and a gamma slider to the right.

    Running the Display Optimization Wizard will allow you to balance your
    colors and set your brightness and contrast best for your needs. More
    importantly you can save or rename that profile to "OpenGL" or "Quake 3"
    and use said profile specifically for them (but it will not
    automatically switch, which is unfortunate).

    If you do it correctly, you can adjust the gamma higher than 1.16 (a
    good setting) without your colors being washed out.

    Mr.E Solved!, Feb 24, 2007
  4. Access

    Access Guest

    Access, Feb 24, 2007
  5. Access

    rmd Guest

    I found changing the sound quality to low, then reduce the gamma, then
    increase the gamma, close then restart and change the sound to high
    quality again seemed to make it bright. Weird.

    uncapped fps at 1920x1200 it sits on 600 fps .

    rmd, Feb 26, 2007

  6. 600fps :O . Is that even playable?

    Larry Roberts, Feb 27, 2007
  7. Access

    First of One Guest

    Yes, though I imagine online play will be very jerky. That's the raison
    d'etre for the "com_maxfps" console variable.

    BTW, Quake II is capped at 500 fps. Found this out with my slower X1900. A
    pity ATi dropped TruForm support in its drivers.

    First of One, Feb 28, 2007