    contest.

    Which should I use in my system and which should I sell?

    My system is an Intel Core 2 Duo X6800 Extreme w/ 2GB Ram.

    John, Dec 25, 2006

  2. John

    Conor Guest

    Do you really need to ask?

    Conor, Dec 26, 2006

  3. John

    eventerke Guest

    Hey - it's a legitimate question. 8800GTX would be no contest, but the
    8800GTS is closer to a 7950GX2 (that's 2 7900's SLI'd on a single
    card).

    Check the Anandtech G80 release article - it has some direct
    comparisons. Also check the current driver (97.44) release notes for
    the issues on possible problems with games you may play.

    HTH,
    Kendt

    If I was in your shoes, and I knew the 8800's were OK with all the
    games I played, I'd sell them both and get an 8800GTX. Especially
    while the 7950 value was still high.

    eventerke, Dec 26, 2006
  4. John

    First of One Guest

    Sell the 8800GTS. Since the card is brand-new, it should be able to fetch
    around $400 on eBay. Unload it while Dx10 cards are still a novelty item.
    Once the wave of mainstream DX10 cards hit store shelves next year, it won't
    be worth as much.

    The 7950 GX2 may go down history as a collectible, similar to the Voodoo5
    6000 or Quantum3D Mercury. It is also faster than a single 8800GTS in many
    games. Keep it.

    First of One, Dec 26, 2006
  5. John

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    I'll take the 8800GTS off your hands, but I won't give you a lot of
    money for it. But, I'll let you buy it back from me for whatever I give
    you for it when you want...such a deal!

    Mr.E Solved!, Dec 26, 2006
  6. John

    Conor Guest

    LOL, even better.

    Conor, Dec 26, 2006
  7. John

    DaveW Guest

    The 8800 GTS is DX10 capable, which the 7950 GX2 is NOT. When Vista is
    released at the end of January it will feature DX10 capability for use with
    new high end games which will be released in the future. The two cards, by
    the way, are very close together in terms of relative clock speeds.
    Definitely use the 8800 GTS.

    DaveW, Dec 28, 2006