8GPNXP DUO Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by AKAeric, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. AKAeric

    AKAeric Guest

    I just upgraded my computer. New processor, Motherboard, and Graphics
    Card.

    Specs:
    Intel P4 3.0GHz Socket T
    Gigabyte GA-8GPNXP DUO
    X800PRO 256MB 256-bit
    1.5GB GeIL DDR3200
    160GB Samsung IDE
    20GB Quantum Fireball IDE
    Sony DVD/R
    500w Aspire PSU

    I totally wiped the hard drive, overwrote everything with an IBM
    program, and re-installed XP because I didn’t want to deal with it. It
    booted to XP directly after install. Once i installed the motherboard
    drivers i rebooted the machine. Now it gets as far as the XP splash
    screen before it reboots, sometimes i don’t even see the splash
    screen.

    I’ve reinstalled XP twice, on two different hard drives, so I am
    assume its a problem with the motherboard, but I don’t think its
    broken. I’ve updated the BIOS.

    Any help is appreciated, I just bought BF2 and I’m dying to play it.

    AKAeric, Jun 25, 2005