    Does anyone know how too solve this problem?
    The Gigabyte support site tells me that they don't support overclocking!

    frans

    research, Dec 3, 2004

  2. research

    SteveK Guest

    Only a new bios can help u or try EasyTune5 - maybe it helps?

    SteveK, Dec 3, 2004

  3. research

    frans Guest

    Thanks Steve,

    From the support site Gigabyte gave me a link where I could download a
    modified bios, but I can't discover any change in the modified F5 bios and
    the normal one. It is still not possible to set memory frequency to 3 times
    host clock.
    When I set FSB to 225Mhz, the processor (a Pentium 3,4 Ghz model 550) runs
    at 3,8 Ghz and memory runs at 600Mhz; I have to set memory frequency to
    2,66.
    When I set memory frequency to AUTO and FSB to 225Mhz the memory frequency
    drops to 2.00 times hostclock (memory then runs at 450Mhz).
    So the motherboard will overclock great, but at FSB 225Mhz the CPU heats up
    and also system temp.
    I would like to run the FSB at 200Mhz and Memory at 3 times 200Mhz.
    While the memory supports 666Mhz, I still have room to use the C.I.A from
    gigabyte.
    Have to say that the support site answers my questions every time, but the
    answers didn't solve the problem so far.

    greetings,
    Frans

    frans, Dec 4, 2004
  4. research

    SteveK Guest

    Well, what's a support answer(s) worth when it does not help/ fix a thing? -
    such support is pretty useless. We both have to wait for a bios update that
    may come or not. So far we both are stuck with brand new but flawed
    hardware. I am a bit appalled about the apparent decline in gigabyte's mobo
    quality. Does Gigabyte care at the end of the day? - we'll find out!

    ;-)

    SteveK, Dec 4, 2004