8inXP and low 3DMark03 Results

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Monster, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Monster

    Monster Guest

    Hello,

    I have the following,,,
    Mainboard: Gigabyte 8INXP (latest drivers)
    CPU: P-4 2.8
    Graphics: Creative Blaster 5 FX5200 Ultra (128mb) (latest drivers)
    RAM: 512 2100 (Crucial Technologies)
    CD-ROM: Plextor 16/10/40A
    HDD: 120Gig Western Digital (8mb buffer)
    Other PCI cards: Hauppauge Win Capure card
    OS: Windows XP Pro

    With 4 x case fans for good cooling.

    No areas are overclocked and no problems getting things running.

    I decided to do a performance check using 3DMark03 and I was some what
    not happy with the results for this spec system at the side of some of
    the other results I have seen.

    I get a score between 1590 - 1595 max and was wondering how I can make
    this better of or anyone knows the reasons for this..... i'm just
    baseing this on what i've read and it ain't that good of score????

    I'm wondering if this problem is related around the AGP on the board or
    the graphics card.. I have checked out all the manufac's web sites and
    nothing to help me.

    Thanks for any help.

    Monster, Jul 27, 2003

  2. That graphics card is crap, if you want proper 3D marks i suggest you get a
    TI4200 or the latest generation FX5900 Ultra card.

    Richard Dower, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Monster

    Ken Guest

    That Looks about right for your graphics card which is a sloooow card. A
    gforce 4 ti 200 is faster than that card.

    Ken

    Ken, Jul 28, 2003