    150 (not taking advantage of full bandwidth).

    Anyone with OCed 8IRXP that has DDR running at same 1:1 speed ratio
    and what memory? Thanks.

    Doc, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Any budget RAM should handle that. You want a DDR effective rate of 300MHz,
    which any PC2700 or PC3200 can do with ease. It's like trying to find a
    Porche that will do 30mph :)

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Stephen Williams typed this:
    ...ahh, the 'ol bathtubs!
    Yeah, want to get something that will stick with me a bit longer
    too... not sure what I'll update to next but guess I'll have to
    have the dual ddr stuff for the 875/865 or sis chipsets...

    One of these sticks is 2100 , other is 2700 (it DID not alone handle
    the 300!? At all! Mushkin is good too...) Danka.

    Doc, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Ooops,
    Need DDR that will run at the 2.66 multiplier. So about 400 or
    so... that could be interesting. I've got the system at 150 or
    MemBus of 300... but it isn't taking full advantage. I have gotten
    Memory up to nearly 400, dies around 360 or so... but maybe it
    cannot be done.

    Stephen Williams typed this:

    Doc, Dec 29, 2003
  5. Doc

    Big Daddy Guest

    I assume you didn't upgrade your BIOS to the one that crippled the voltage
    adjustment? I've never heard of anyone getting an FSB that high on this
    board. I remember people complaining about needing 1.85 volts to be stable
    at 133 MHz.

    I have the same board, but I'm not as enthusiastic about overclocking. I
    have a 110 MHz FSB, but I've had it as high as 125. I have F9 BIOS, though
    and can't get to 1.85 volts to really make it shine.

    I understand that the F3 BIOS could reach it without reboot problems.

    Big Daddy, Dec 29, 2003
  6. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Big Daddy typed this:
    I am only advancing the Clock to 1.75, no more. Stable as can be...
    Will look into better RAM that will run at the 2.66 setting and not just
    the 2.0.. thanks.

    Doc, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Doc

    John Guest

    Don't get Kingmax 3200 (DDR400) for this board. Kingmax 2700 will achieve a
    higher
    FSB in this board than Kingmax 3200. Compatibility issue...

    John, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Doc

    John Guest

    You'll achieve better stability at higher FSB's if you use just one stick of
    RAM in this board (not 2)

    John, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Doc

    John Guest

    This board doesn't have bus locking. Once you get above 150 FSB you should
    consider
    changing the AGP/PCI ratios (can't remember what it's called in the bios).
    The AGP/PCI
    speeds are only in spec at 133 and 166 FSB. 150 is the midpoint...

    John, Dec 30, 2003
  10. Doc

    Doc Guest

    John typed this:
    Right. I'm not going any higher for the FSB, just the memory multiplier.
    Still looking for the right RAM... OCZ maybe or the newest Mushkin...
    have to see. Thanks.

    Doc, Dec 30, 2003