    hi guys

    Sorry if this has been asked before but does the 8k3a+ work with amd barton
    cores? epox guide says no but ive read conflicting reports

    MarkJ, Jul 12, 2003

  2. MarkJ

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    yes, np (i have a 2500+ oc to 2800+) just raise fsb to 166 (or more) and go!
    (agp/pci devider change automaticly) but this board doesnt use 5th bit l1 so
    some speeds wont work correctly. bios screen will show unknown cpu.....

    coco

    CoCo, Jul 12, 2003

  3. MarkJ

    LBJGH Guest

    yep... I got a barton running at 2305mhz on my 8k5a2+ which is an updated
    8k3a+

    have a look at my post below...

    LBJGH, Jul 12, 2003
  4. MarkJ

    MarkJ Guest

    are all bartons multiplier unlocked then?

    MarkJ, Jul 13, 2003
  5. MarkJ

    CoCo Guest

    yes

    CoCo, Jul 13, 2003
  6. MarkJ

    Guest Guest

    I installed a 2500barton in my 8k3a+ and it blew up. I had a watercooler
    hooked up. But I never got the mainboard to post again, even with a
    differant 2000+ cpu. And yes, I did smell the not so famous burning
    sensation of my motherboard getting high on crack... Just bought another
    Kt600 board and not one bit unhappy about the change...

    Guest, Feb 27, 2004