8K3A Mobo - Fastest CPU?

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Pete, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Hi,

    I've had my 8K3A motherboard with an AMD Duron 1.3GHz for nearly 3
    years and it works excellently (even running SETI 24/7)... however I'd
    like to upgrade the CPU.

    Anyone know what the fastest stable CPU I can run in this board is
    without having to make any modifications. (Preferably one that will
    also cope with SETI running 24/7..)

    Not sure if it makes a difference but I am using PC2100 memory which I
    don't want to upgrade if possible.

    Also will I need an upgrade for the fan as that was OK at the time the
    1.3gig Duron was current but may not cope with higher temperatures??
    (Probably could do with a fresh one anyway..)

    Thoughts appreciated..

    Pete

    Pete, Apr 27, 2005