  1. Zyp

    Zyp Guest

    PC2100 required. VIA chipset with AMD... can I use PC2700?

    Zyp, Sep 2, 2007

  2. Zyp

    Lee M. Guest

    Yes. I used PC3200 in my 8KHA+ which also specifies PC2100. You can
    generally use faster memory but not slower.

    Lee M., Sep 4, 2007

  3. Zyp

    Zyp Guest

    Well it just "hangs". Don't know what to do with it. I've ordered some
    PC2100, I'll swap it when it comes. And if that don't work, it's a new
    motherboard then.

    Zyp, Sep 6, 2007
  4. Does it goes thru the POST check and can you get into the BIOS setup? How
    about putting it in a different slot?

    Lee MacMillan, Sep 6, 2007
  5. Zyp

    Zyp Guest

    Hi Lee;

    Thanks for responding. The motherboard goes completely through post.

    Has only two slots for DDR memory, and it can only handle 512mb per slot.

    Zyp, Sep 8, 2007
  6. Zyp

    Zyp Guest

    Well that was that! New PC2100 did the trick. She's up and running fine
    now. I never knew memory sticks were susebtle to blowing out.?

    Zyp, Sep 11, 2007