    the FSB set at 166Mhz?

    Thanks

    Erik

    EEE, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Hi, they made XP 2600+ in both 266FSB and 333FSB, but retail box is only
    333FSB. Check www.pricewatch.com for it, otherwise get a 2400+ they are
    all 266FSB

    Doug
    www.lynncomp.com

    Doug & Raye Lynn, Apr 27, 2004

  3. EEE

    John Guest

    You should be able to use it without a problem.
    It will just throttle it down to the lower speed.

    John, Apr 27, 2004
  4. EEE

    Heinz Diehl Guest

    Yep, I did. This was a brand new XP 2600+ (Thoroughbred, FSB 133).
    After turning on the power, nothing happened. The screen stayed black
    and nothing more happened.

    Changing the CPU back to the old 1400 C Athlon, all went fine.
    Rev. 2.0, latest BIOS.

    Heinz Diehl, Apr 29, 2004