    device manager. If i remove them, I'm prompted to reinstall on boot
    up. See what trouble I can get myself into?
    OS win98se

    O.Phooey, Jul 22, 2003

  2. O.Phooey

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    agartd.vxd is the agp "gart" driver responsible for the administration of
    memmory between agp/chipset. try to reinstall chipset drivers and vga
    drivers. ati radeon card do have two display adapters showing up in the
    device manager, dont remove them, one is default ond one is secondary! for
    easy operation move the monitor to the default one.

    coco

    CoCo, Jul 22, 2003

  3. O.Phooey

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    did you use the proper way of swapping gf cards? first uninstall drivers in
    add/remove but dont reboot! go to device manager and select "remove" -> shut
    down, swap graphics cards. turn on computer and let windows/bios detect the
    new one...!?
    i think you can select "standard vga" in win9x also....

    coco

    CoCo, Jul 25, 2003
  4. O.Phooey

    Graham W Guest

    Download 'detonator-destroyer.zip' from a files site (I think I got mine
    from
    3d-guru.com) and follow the guidance in its help readme.

    HTH

    Graham W, Jul 25, 2003