8KNXP Beeping Noises - what do they mean???

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Nick, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On intensive CPU load / graphical load a constant beeping noise is heard
    through the computer internal speaker. On closer inspection and running
    tests it appers that the -12v is only reading -9.7v and the -5v is
    reading -4.7v. The computer continues to operate normally with no other
    problems but is irritating due to this beeping noise. The only way to get
    rid of the beeping noise is to restart the PC . However, on occasions
    isolated beeps are noted and a reduction in power is observed to the PC as
    fans can be heard to slow and then reutrn to normal spped again. Can yopu
    please shed any light on this matter or is there a fault with the
    motherboard voltages. A quick reply would be most grateful.

    Spec

    P4 3GHz 800FSB
    1GB DDR RAM 400
    3 120GB HDD
    GEFORCE 5600 AGP
    SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY
    DVD RW
    DVD ROM
    USB PERIPHERALS

    Latest BIOS for board.

    Regards

    Nick

    Nick, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Nick

    phrag Guest

    What is your PSU rated at? [Wattage]

    phrag, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Nick

    Russ Damske Guest

    Mine did this and it turned out to be that the CPU warning temperature ws
    set to low.

    Russ Damske, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Nick

    rhogue Guest

    I wouldn't worry about the -voltages; my board seems to do this as well.

    -rhogue

    rhogue, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Nick

    Jim Kent Guest

    You'd better keep an eye on the processor temperature. You may have a
    bad heat sink application that's allowing it to get too hot. Anything
    over 160F is cause for concern. Your setup disk contains ET4 which
    allows you to monitor the temperature and voltages.

    Also, apparently these boards don't report the negative supply
    voltages correctly, so you can safely ignore these readings.

    Jim Kent, Mar 1, 2004