    couple of features including ID'ing ECC RAM and PAT state.

    ___

    Buck Fush

    Jim Kent, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Jim Kent

    Jim Kent Guest

    After many reboots and experiments in setting combinations of PSB
    Parking, Delayed Transaction, Command per Clock, and Fast Chip Select,
    I think I've discovered when PAT is enabled. It looks like it
    requires that CPC and FCS simultaneously enabled to enable PAT.
    That's the good news. The bad news is that with PAT enabled the
    system becomes rather unstable. In less than a day of running with it
    enabled, Exact Audio Copy and Dantz Retrospect have both caused hard
    and repeatable crashes. My advice to any potential users of PAT is
    tread carefully. Backup your system prior to enabling it, and then
    thoroughly test all your applications, especially those that use
    optical drives.

    Also, the state of PSB Parking and DelTran don't seem to have anything
    to do with whether PAT is active or not. My system is now set for PSB
    and DelTr enabled, CPC and FCS disabled. BTW, DPM doesn't seem to do
    anything under any conditions.

    ___

    Buck Fush

    Jim Kent, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Jim Kent

    LaNc3r Guest

    How do you check if PAT is enabled..

    ==============

    LaNc3r, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Jim Kent

    Dumdedo Guest

    CPU ID will do that..

    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

    But if you overclock the CPU more than 10mhz it get turned off.

    Abit MoBos I have read, do not do this..

    Dumdedo, Jun 25, 2004
  5. Jim Kent

    *jimanno Guest

    I don't see it. Where should I look?

    Jim

    remove* *for email

    *jimanno, Jun 25, 2004
  6. Jim Kent

    Jim Kent Guest

    Not on my machine.

    ___

    Buck Fush

    Jim Kent, Jun 25, 2004
  7. Jim Kent

    M-Tech Guest

    Mine either.

    Don

    ______

    Kuck Ferry

    M-Tech, Jun 25, 2004
  8. Jim Kent

    LaNc3r Guest

    do you mean the performace mode thingy?

    ==============

    LaNc3r, Jun 26, 2004
  9. Jim Kent

    Dumdedo Guest

    Its under the memory option called Performance Mode

    Dumdedo, Jun 26, 2004
  10. Jim Kent

    Dumdedo Guest

    Its a Fact and has been posted here many many times.

    Dumdedo, Jun 26, 2004
  11. Jim Kent

    Dumdedo Guest

    Are we referring to the same MoBo and how are you reading the PAT mode..?

    Its a well know fact and the Asus MoBo has a patched Bios to get around this
    limitation..

    Dumdedo, Jun 26, 2004
  12. Jim Kent

    LaNc3r Guest

    HOLD ON GUYS! you people are seriously confused.. ok the performace
    mode thingy = PAT? mabey.. but what pat really does is stress the
    RAS and RAS % from 4 to 3 in my case.. causing it to go from
    2.5-4-4-8 to 2.5-3-3-8. and if you overclocked your cpu more than
    10Mhz it would go off? your half right. but if you increased the DIMM
    Voltage that would be safe. thats due to the DIMM:CPU ratio.. always
    try to ensure that its 1:1.. :D

    ==============

    LaNc3r, Jun 26, 2004
  13. Jim Kent

    *jimanno Guest

    I read another article (on Tom's Hardware) that said to enable PAT on
    Gigabyte boards, you have to enable M.I.B. (Memory Intelligent
    Booster) in the BIOS. I did that, but CPUID still says Performance
    mode - disabled. In reference to above, it also says my cpu (3.0 GHz)
    is running at 3014.6 MHz on a bus of 201. I have everything set to
    Auto. Since this is >10 MHz, could it be disabled for this reason?
    Should I try setting the bus manually to get down to 3.0? Would this
    enable PAT and would it be worth the bother?

    Thanks,
    Jim

    remove* *for email

    *jimanno, Jun 27, 2004
  14. Jim Kent

    LaNc3r Guest

    8knxp doesnt have MIB... rev.2 is what im refering to. rev.1 is need
    less to say as it doenst even have CIA..

    ==============

    LaNc3r, Jun 27, 2004
  15. Jim Kent

    *jimanno Guest

    Sorry. The 8knxp uses the 875p chipset and should have PAT turned on
    by default. My board uses the 865p chipset, but is a Gigabyte board.
    It has the M.I.B setting in the BIOS I was talking about. This is
    supposed to enable PAT, but according to CPU_ID, it doesn't. It must
    be some proprietary form of PAT that Gigabyte uses. I did slow my cpu
    down to check the >10 MHz question refered to earlier in this thread -
    no difference.

    Jim
    remove* *for email

    *jimanno, Jun 27, 2004
  16. Jim Kent

    LaNc3r Guest

    sad to say but only the 875P Boards have PAT Function.. but some other
    manufactures like ASUS have found a way to enable PAT on the 865PE
    boards.. 8)

    ==============

    LaNc3r, Jun 28, 2004
  17. Jim Kent

    Jim Kent Guest

    Nope. It is off with the BIOS setup defaults.

    I posted this two weeks ago:

[...]

    Someone else said something about memory timing. PAT enabled/disabled
    had no effect on the memory timings on my 8KNXP/V2

    ___

    Buck Fush

    Jim Kent, Jun 30, 2004