8KNXP "SIL set" keeps needing rebuilt

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by KatManDEW, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. KatManDEW

    KatManDEW Guest

    I looked through this entire group hoping to find an answer but I
    didn't, so here goes.....

    I'm a newbie to RAID. I have a 8KNXP with twin "mirrored" Western
    Digital 120GB SATA HD's. Dunno what RAID mode that is - my vendor
    helped set it up. The system is rock solid except that one of my
    mirrored drives has needed to be rebuilt several times. It happened
    again this evening after a power outage. It happend after installing
    the Win XP service pack, and after installing a Minolta Dimage film
    scanner (firewire connection). I can't remember the couple other
    instances where it has happened.

    Anyone have any ideas why I keep needing to rebuild the "SIL set"? The
    only other problem I have noticed is that Easytune says one of my fans
    is not working, but I checked and they are all running.

    System hardware is as follows;

    Intel Pent4 3.0Ghz w/ 800Mhz FSB, 512K S-cache, Retail w/ 3yr., fan
    512MB DDR400 PC-3200 DDR RAM 64x64 Samsung - quantity 2
    Western Digital 120GB SATA HD w/ 7200 rpm, 8MB Buffer
    Lite-On LTD-163 16X Beige Internal EIDE DVD-ROM Drive
    ASUS 52x24x52 IDE CD-RW w/ FlextraLink,
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR 8X AGP
    Antec SX1000II MidATX 10-bay Perf. Series Case
    KingWin 450W!! Dual-fan Ball-bearing PS w/ 3-speed fan, P4,
    KingWin Ball-bearing 3-pin Case fan 80mm, 2.5K rpm, 32.4Cfm
    KingWin Ball-bearing 4-pin Case fan 80mm, 2.5K rpm, 32 Cfm

    Many many TIA.

    KatManDEW, Aug 27, 2003