    I'm using the Silicon Image RAID on my 8KNXP, and I was wondering if
    there would be any problem enabling the Intel RAID ports too?

    TIA.

    KatManDEW, Mar 12, 2008

  2. KatManDEW

    old man Guest

    should'nt be

    old man, Mar 13, 2008

  3. KatManDEW

    KatManDEW Guest

    From one old man to another - Thanks ;-)

    KatManDEW, Mar 14, 2008
  4. KatManDEW

    KatManDEW Guest

    When I enable SATA RAID in the BIOS it will no longer boot from the
    SIL mirrored set that I have on the Silicon Image controller, even
    though I have the SIL mirrored set selected as the first boot device.

    Do the boot drives need to be connected to the Intel controller?

    KatManDEW, Mar 15, 2008
  5. KatManDEW

    old man Guest

    No, are you saying it boots correctly if Intel raid dissabled, and then
    doesnt boot if Intel enabled?

    old man, Mar 17, 2008
  6. KatManDEW

    KatManDEW Guest

    That's right. If I enable Intel raid, it won't boot from the mirrored
    drives on the Silicon Image controller (which are my current boot
    drives).

    KatManDEW, Mar 17, 2008
  7. KatManDEW

    old man Guest

    Then off hand I would say its a bios setting, allthough not this board, I
    have two different sata controlers enabled and a sata card, with no
    problems.
    Double check the mobo manual for the settings

    old man, Mar 18, 2008
  8. KatManDEW

    KatManDEW Guest

    I'm using both the onboard SATA controllers, but only SATA RAID on the
    Silicon Image controller. Do you have SATA RAID enabled for both the
    onboard Intel and Silicon Image controllers?

    KatManDEW, Mar 18, 2008
  9. KatManDEW

    old man Guest

    I have raid on the card not the two sata controlers

    old man, Mar 20, 2008