    avouding SIL altogether? Using F8 Bios, which supposedly supports RAID 1
    Any ideas would be welcome.
    Regards, Boudewijn

    Boudewijn, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Boudewijn

    jpsga Guest

    Well ... we use both the ITE and the SIL3112 as well as the High Point 374.
    Have not had the pleasure of the Intel. The few broken array problems that
    we have had come down to two sources.

    First was anti-virus software mis-interpreting the flow on the PCI bus.
    Second was the driver not leaving correct information on the lead ( boot )
    drive.

    By the way, the ITE is as fast as EIDE in the RAID 1 mode. In RAID 0 it
    does as well as the system will let it.

    JPS

    jpsga, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Boudewijn

    Brian D Guest

    I have to 80 gig maxtors on the ich5r raid 0 and it works very well. I was
    never able to get the sil to work. I also was never able to get the f8 bios
    to work. I am currently running f6

    Brian D, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Boudewijn

    Boudewijn Guest

    Hello,
    Also have two 80Gb Maxtors on the ICH5R. Works indeed very well, and the
    whole system feels quick and responsive.
    I had no problem with installing XP on a Raid 0 and 1 on the SIL controller,
    however the array broke down twice in less than a week. So that was the end
    of SIL. F8 Bios is working fine, no problems whatsoever.
    Regards, Boudewijn

    Boudewijn, Dec 12, 2003