8KRA2+ new bios dated 10/28/03 from Magic BIOS

Discussion in 'Epox' started by jake johnson, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. jake johnson

    jake johnson Guest

    Has anyone used this new BIOS for this motherboard? I started up
    Magic BIOS a few days ago and had it search for a new BIOS. It
    connected to the internet and found one with the same part number as
    the 08/28/03 BIOS was but the .txt file (see below) that came with it
    seemed to indicate that it was a supplement to the 08/28/03 one. For
    some reason, this new BIOS is not on the epox.com website. I went
    ahead and flashed to this new BIOS anyways (using AWDFLASH) and it
    uses the same 6A6LYPAO "part no." as the 08/28/03 BIOS did.
    Performance seems to be slightly improved mostly in the
    VIA-conntroller connected disks.

    Does anyone have any other information on this BIOS?

    ---------------------- KRA23A28.TXT
    Mainboard Model(s):
    EP-8KRA2+
    EP-8KRA2I

    BIOS FILE NAME:
    KRA23A28.BIN

    BIOS FILE DATE:
    10/28/2003

    BIOS Part No:
    6A6LYPAO

    Boot Title:
    10/28/2003 For KT600 DDR Chipset

    BIOS Checksum:
    AC00 (h)

    Workaround :
    l.Support SMART function.
    2.Add new item for show AGP/PCI
    frequency.
    3.Set AGP aperture size default
    128M.
    4.Fix system hang up at POST C1h
    when CMOS checksum error.
    5.Update VT6420 SATA ROM to 2.20V.
    6.Patch no SATA hdd in setup with
    both HPT37x & SATA hdd exists.

    jake johnson, Nov 24, 2003

  2. According to the ReadMe.txt they have fixed some
    SATA Boot problems.

    Cheers,
    Martin

    Martin Petsch, Nov 24, 2003