    Please help me, whats the difference between the Boards 8KTA3+ and
    8KTA3+PRO.
    Thanks

    Peter Ziege, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Peter Ziege

    CJT Guest

    As I recall, the big difference is the RAID controller. But I could be
    wrong.

    CJT, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Peter Ziege

    Peter Ziege Guest

    Yes, you are wrong. All both Boards are with a RAID controller.
    I have searched on the EPOX-Site.
    I think the difference is very small, I can't find it.

    Peter Ziege, Jul 21, 2004
  4. Peter Ziege

    phsstpok Guest

    8KTA3 is a non-RAID board. 8KTA3+ is a RAID board.

    8KTA3PRO is a non-RAID board (I have one). 8KTA3+PRO is a RAID board.

    Both the "PROs" were more overclocking friendly boards. The most
    notable difference is that the PROs have jumpers that allow voltage
    tweaking (sort of like a factory voltage mod). In addition to being
    able to set VCore to 1.85 volt in BIOS Setup you can also
    incrementally increase the voltage an additional +0.1v, +0.2v, +0.3v,
    or +0.4v. These options allow a maximum VCore of 2.25 volts which I
    believe was the highest for any production Socket A motherboard.

    Other overclocking friendly features of the PRO boards are BIOS
    selectable multipliers, bus speed in 1 mhz increments (theoretically
    up to 180 Mhz but in practice the VIA KT133A's northbridge was good to
    150 to 160 Mhz), AGP voltage tweaking from 1.5 v (standard) to 2.0
    volt in 0.05v increments, I/O voltage tweaking (chipset, SDRAM, etc)
    from 3.4v (3.3v is standard) to 3.9V in 0.05V increments.

    I never owned an 8KTA3 nor an 8KTA3+ so I don't know which of the
    above features they had or lacked, except I know they couldn't set max
    VCore to 2.25 volts.

    Steve Sheppard

    phsstpok, Jul 21, 2004
  5. Peter Ziege

    EPoX Tech Guest

    Hi

    The main differences below

    Jumpered
    VIA Apollo KT133A Socket A with audio (EP-8KTA3)
    VIA Apollo KT133A Socket A with audio + RAID (EP-8KTA3+)

    Jumperless (FSB set in BIOS only)
    VIA Apollo KT133A with audio + RAID (EP-8KTA3+PRO)
    VIA Apollo KT133A Socket A with audio (EP-8KTA3PRO)

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.

    www.epox.com

    Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
    BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

    EPoX Tech, Aug 11, 2004