    Any Hints? Bug in the Bios? On failure on the board?

    Thanks

    Jan

    Jan Kiefer, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Jan Kiefer

    phsstpok Guest

    This strange but I got the opposite results. After installing the
    8K203409 BIOS I can only select 133-180 Mhz (but only 133-154 Mhz work
    because I have PC150 memory). I can no longer select the lower bus
    speeds.

    I can't think of anything I might have done differently than you.

    I have gone back and forth between the 10-19-2001 and 4-9-2003 BIOS
    trying to decide if there is any difference in stability. (They are
    about the same). This installation I forgot to turn off the
    overclocking as the notes mentioned but no problems.

    I did use the built-in flash option (ALT-F2 at boot), having the BIOS
    bin file on a floppy, rather than using the update procedure,
    UPDATE.BAT + Award.

    That's the only thing I can think of that I might have done
    differently.

    Steve Sheppard

    phsstpok, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Jan Kiefer

    Jan Kiefer Guest

    The only available FSB Settings are 100-123 Mhz , no 133 Mhz availbale...!?!
    I have normal pc133 memory modules in use ...
    I also used the alt-f2 option to flash the bios, when i tried to go
    back to the old saved bios version it said that it would be the wrong
    bios version - so no backstep was possible.

    do you have an older bios version? could you mail me that... maybe i
    can go back to 133 mhz fsb...

    thanks

    jan

    Jan Kiefer, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Jan Kiefer

    phsstpok Guest

    Check your mailbox!

    Steve

    phsstpok, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Jan Kiefer

    Jan Kiefer Guest

    Thanks Steve, got it. But I also received a more recent BIOS from the
    Epox Support today... But I´m not allowed to publish it or send it to
    anybody else. But I´ll post the result if it solves the Problem ...

    Everybody else with the same problem might contact Epox then ...

    Jan

    Jan Kiefer, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Jan Kiefer

    M. Seifert Guest

    Hi,
    please tell me what multiplcators you can select with the latest official
    bios _and_ the one you received from Epox. I have the one from 050202 and
    only have 12,13 and 14 but I need 15 for my forthcoming XP 2400+.
    Thanks,
    Matthias

    M. Seifert, Sep 3, 2003
  7. Jan Kiefer

    phsstpok Guest

    Is it working now?

    Can you at least tell us the name/date of the new 8KTA3PRO BIOS (so
    that I can search for it in the future)?

    Steve

    phsstpok, Sep 4, 2003
  8. I did, they said that the latest version had a bug. They offered to send
    a beta version by mail but I did not get it yet.
    Unfortunately the old one was not saved to the disk, so if anyone could
    send me an older version I would be happy as well.

    Eckhard

    Eckhard Neber, Sep 10, 2003
  9. Jan Kiefer

    Klaus Opel Guest

    Hi,
    I have on disk

    8k201a19 (19.10.2001),
    8k201096 (06.09.2001),
    8k202205 (05.02.2002),
    8k202205b (05.02.2002 beta [Highpoint 2.3x]),
    8k203409 (09.04.2003)

    Which one do you want? (dates are dd.mm.yyyy)

    Klaus

    Klaus Opel, Sep 10, 2003
  10. Jan Kiefer

    phsstpok Guest

    Eckhard,

    Check your mailbox.

    Steve Sheppard

    phsstpok, Sep 10, 2003
  11. This is the version I used so far. It would be nice if you could send it.
    Meanwhile I received a beta version from epox which seems to work. It is
    named 8K203528.BIN. As Jan already pointed out epox does not allow to
    give it away.

    Thanks
    Eckhard

    Eckhard Neber, Sep 11, 2003
  12. Jan Kiefer

    MNM(tm)

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know it's a little late (coz last post was somewhere in 2003), but I'm looking for the latest BIOS again.
    To be precise, it's for the EP-8KTA3+ (NOT the Pro!), so I should need the 8k203409 (09.04.2003).

    Anyone who can help me getting it?

    MNM(tm), Sep 22, 2008