    40Gb Maxtor Diamond8+
    GeForce4200Ti 128

    Widge

    widge, Sep 2, 2003

  2. widge

    Nitza666 Guest

    Try running 3D Mark 2001 for a couple of hours,also you have PC2700 raise
    VDimm to 2.77V or at least 2.63V in BIOS.Now there is no way to run your
    2400+ at 2800 real MHz it needs very serious cooling and very high VCore to
    run at 2800MHz if you do run it at 2800MHz without phase change
    cooling(Prometeia,Vapochill) you must have very serious water cooling setup
    and tell us what VCore you use.........
    Get cpu-z or wcpuid to see at what speed you actually run the cpu and old
    8rda+ can run at 200MHz FSB without Vdd mod if the have A3 or C1 revision
    northbridge which the rev 2.0 models have.....

    Nitza666, Sep 3, 2003

  3. I have the 8RDA+ rev 2 and am currently running my 2100 at 2600 (160MHz
    bus). If I push it higher, the machine will give me random reboots. Still,
    I'm pretty happy with my machine the way it is. Snappy and inexpensive.
    :)

    Regards,

    Margaret

    Margaret Wilson, Sep 3, 2003
  4. widge

    straiton Guest

    2800 Ghz

    gotta be happy with that

    --
    Steve H
    Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod

    straiton, Sep 4, 2003
  5. widge

    Jim Milner Guest

    I'll bet he means he's running at 2800+; in other words, 2.25GHz

    Jim Milner, Sep 4, 2003
  6. widge

    Nitza666 Guest

    Probably but then he says 200x14=2800,the 2800+ runs at 13.5x166.

    Nitza666, Sep 5, 2003
  7. widge

    Jim Milner Guest

    oops, slight oversight. I can't even get my 2700+ up that high and I'm
    running fairly good cooling (not phase-change or water . . . just not that
    serious about oc'ing).

    Jim Milner, Sep 5, 2003
  8. I don't think =AMD= can get the Barton up to 2.8Ghz, even running it
    with a Peltier cooler at sub-zero temps .. unless the latest revision is
    significantly better or something.

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Sep 5, 2003
  9. widge

    Nitza666 Guest

    Prometeia Mach II can run mine Barton 2500+ at 3040MHz...........

    Nitza666, Sep 5, 2003
  10. I guess the latest revision =is= better then. When you say 'can run'
    does that include passing Priem95 torture test(s) and Memtest86, or
    'will boot'?

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Sep 6, 2003
  11. widge

    Nitza666 Guest

    Its rock solid under Prime95 at 3010MHz using 2.15V,its unstable over this
    speed and even with 2.2V VCore cant get it stable.It POSTS up to 3.16GHz but
    i feel that the Promie is pushed too much since it doesnt stop working at
    all at 3010MHz so its mine benchmarking speed,for everyday use i use 1.85V
    for 2852MHz.Its an 2500+ AQXEA week 0330.

    Nitza666, Sep 6, 2003
  12. widge

    Gary Blevins Guest

    I have run my TBredB 2100+ stable at 12 x 185 FSB= 2230 Mhz, or 2700+ in my
    8RDA+ 1st version, I believe.

    I was never able to get 200FSB, even with active Northbridge cooling via a
    blue orb.

    I have Corsair XMX Platinum 3200 (2x256)

    Gary

    Gary Blevins, Oct 29, 2003