    site warns against add/remove programmes as it my stop XP booting).

    Does the control app install seperately somehow ?

    Has anyone else had this, if so please help !

    Stuart Gregg, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Stuart Gregg

    Usenetter Guest

    I had this with my RGA+ and I know someone else with the same problem.
    Download all your drivers from Epox and re-install - cured it for me (and
    that's a nice CP).
    I think the issue may be one of CDmedia quality that Epox ship with their
    NF2 boards.

    Usenetter, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Stuart Gregg

    DaveL Guest

    In the subject line you say you have an 8RDA. You need the 8RDA+ to get the
    Nvidia APU and it's control panel.

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Are you sure it's not actually running, as opposed to 'not being shown
    in the systray'. The latter is a very common WinXP bug, with all sorts
    of icons going missing.

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Sep 16, 2003
  5. Stuart Gregg

    Stuart Gregg Guest

    I am now more confused than ever. I definately have an Epox 8RDA (
    with no plus ), which according to Epox, has six channel sound.

    I have uninstalled and then re-installed the latest versions of the
    drivers (2.45) from EPOX. I have sound, on 5 channels (subwoofer + 4
    other speakers). But I have no way to control the balance from rear to
    front speakers. I can't see any running processes which would suggest
    any nvdidia control suite is running, and their is no icon in control
    panel for it. When I select the app from its directory path I got told
    that it has failed to initialise the nvidiad audio driver (but why
    then am I getting sounds and under sound/audio devices their is nvidia
    !). There are no device manager problems and it list the nvidia audio
    codec interface.

    All I want to do is set the front/rear speaker volume, there must be
    way to do this somehow !!!

    Stuart Gregg, Sep 16, 2003
  6. Stuart Gregg

    Usenetter Guest

    Both use Soundstorm.

    Usenetter, Sep 16, 2003
  7. Stuart Gregg

    Usenetter Guest

    Possible BIOS issue.
    Try updating to the latest.
    Possible Windows issue.
    Was that a clean install with the board ?

    Usenetter, Sep 16, 2003
  8. Stuart Gregg

    DaveL Guest

    Not true. The 8RDA (non +) does not have the Nvidia APU and instead uses
    basic AC97 sound (software). It still has surround sound but no Nvidia
    Control Panel.

    Truth be known, not even the 8RDA+ has true "Soundstorm", as it is lacking
    in some of the features required for Soundstorm certification.

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 16, 2003
  9. Stuart Gregg

    DaveL Guest

    Try this. Open up control panel. Then open up "Sounds and Audio devices".
    On the Volume tab, in the "speaker settings" section, click advanced.
    Change the "Speakers setup" to the desired mode.

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 16, 2003
  10. Stuart Gregg

    Stuart Gregg Guest

    To answer some of the questions raised here.

    Yes it was a clean XP install.

    I have tried changing the settings from sound and audio, I have
    clicked the box specify that rear speaker output should come from the
    line in socket on the card.

    Everything looks OK in the BIOS, but then I'm not totally sure what I
    should be looking for !

    Stuart Gregg, Sep 17, 2003
  11. Stuart Gregg

    DaveL Guest

    Try this:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8
    &Software=True

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 17, 2003
  12. Stuart Gregg

    Stuart Gregg Guest

    Thanks ?

    Sorry to be ignorant but what does it do ?

    Stuart Gregg, Sep 19, 2003
  13. Stuart Gregg

    DaveL Guest

    It's the drivers for the Realtek audio that comes with your board. It
    should give you the features you are looking for.

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 19, 2003
  14. Stuart Gregg

    Stuart Gregg Guest

    Thanks for that. I didn't realise Nvidia were using other companies'
    chip sets. I thought they did it all themselves for the m'b suppliers.

    Stuart Gregg, Sep 23, 2003