    based computer, if the computer is turned off but still connected to
    power? If so, how do I do it?

    Scott

    at, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Nope - you can disable it from the BIOS (but you'd have to boot the PC
    to do that) or you can pull the plug out .. anything other than that is
    going to involve some motherboard rewiring (if you feel lucky). What are
    you trying to achieve, exactly?

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Aug 20, 2003

  3. at

    at Guest

    Essentially, I'd like the PCs Ethernet port to stop showing up on the
    home LAN's hub as ON when the PC is turned off.

    Scott

    at, Aug 21, 2003
  4. at

    at Guest

    That one I checked last night, WOL is disabled in the BIOS. I was
    hoping that was it, but no dice.

    Scott

    at, Aug 21, 2003