    with my board?

    thnx,
    Christoph

    Christoph, Jul 22, 2006

  2. No that board has an AGP slot only.
    tom

    Thomas J Smith, Jul 22, 2006

  3. Christoph

    dave Guest

    dave, Jul 22, 2006
  4. Thomas J Smith, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Christoph

    dave Guest

    Yes and for only $35 more. But since it is a generation older, could the
    850xt be missing some features?

    DaveL

    dave, Jul 23, 2006
  6. No DX 9 ready and all,but only a shrink to die size.
    But for gaming the X850 is a lot better.
    It is like comparing a 9600 and a full 9800 card,some 9600 had a die shrink
    to 13 microns but with the pipelines and it being 128 bit their was no
    compititon the 9800 was 2 x the card.
    tom

    Thomas J Smith, Jul 24, 2006
  7. Christoph

    Christoph Guest

    But the X850xt is a faster more powerfull card 16 pixelpipelines and 256
    Is it alright for me to get an ATI video card for the 8RDA+ board? Or
    should
    I go with a geForce/nVidia video card?

    thnx,
    Christoph

    Christoph, Jul 26, 2006
  8. I had a 9500 a 9700 and a 9800 pro all in wonder on that board and never had
    any problems,as long as you have a good power supply.
    tom

    Thomas J Smith, Jul 26, 2006
  9. Christoph

    dave Guest

    My only concern would be that the rest of your system would be holding that
    video card back. Might be a better decision to get a cheaper one and wait
    till you upgrade the rest before going that high on a video card. And when
    you do upgrade, you'll probably have a pci-e motherboard and would not be
    able to use your old video card on it.
    Just a thought.

    DaveL

    dave, Jul 27, 2006