8RDA3+ H/w V2 BIOS POST Lock-up

Discussion in 'Epox' started by zx9john, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. zx9john

    zx9john Guest

    Hey all,

    Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem I have - Originally i
    had the hardware v1 but that was destroyed in a lightning storm and the
    replacement i was given was the v2.

    Since then, on initial power up the BOIS will frequently lock up during
    it's POST with either the Hex code 64 (displayed on screen will be the
    dual ch memory text) or 74 (with the IDE detection displayed).

    I have a reasonable Tt 400W Psup, a 2800 barton @ 2.2GHz, 2x512MB pc3200
    at 2.5/3/3/8, FSB is 200MHz. Also running 1 DVD drive, 2x 160gb SATA
    in RAID 0 and a MSI 256MB 6800GT.

    I never had this issue with the v1 board and no other components have
    changed besides the mobo.

    And before anyone says "why don't you stop o/c'n it" the problem is
    actually less frequent at current clocks & voltages. I have raised VDD
    to 1.7V and VCore to 1.8V with temps of 32c NB, 41c CPU.

    I just noticed that SiSoft Sandra is telling me that my memory is in
    dual ch but despite my DIMMs being in slot 0 & 1 the bus width is at
    64bit not 128bit which it was previously?? not sure if it's related??

    zx9john, Feb 18, 2006

  2. zx9john

    zx9john Guest

    Soz, i stuffed up : VCore is 1.7V and Vdd is 1.8V

    Also forgot to add that I emailed epox re this and the best they could
    do is tell me to check for leaking caps in "engrish".

    zx9john, Feb 18, 2006