    BR

    P.S. Now the fun can begin...D.S

    //Magnus

    lucke.is, Sep 11, 2003

  2. lucke.is

    Jim Milner Guest

    Great! Good to know. Would love to hear from other folks about how this
    BIOS works for them. I'm using the BIOS dated 6.30/03 because I'd heard
    that certain advanced O/C'ing CPU settings/voltages were disabled in later
    versions. Would like to know that status on that and if anyone has had any
    probs with this lates BIOS.

    thanks,

    jim

    Jim Milner, Sep 11, 2003

  3. hi,

    i am using the 827 bios without probs, i was using the may bios all the
    time, since in all later bioses the "cpu interface" option was disabled,
    which i had to set to "agressive" to get over 200FSB. .This option is now
    back and i am running my Barton 2500+ at 2368 mhz rock stable right now. so
    far no other problems with this bios. cant say anything about performance
    compared to earlier versions, never ran much benchmarks.
    I read in the readme that 3 other options are disabled, but if i remember
    correctly these are all not performance/overclocking related. all advanced
    chipset and power bios features are definately there as always.

    bye

    Thorsten

    Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Thorsten Peter
    Rechenzentrum Zweibr├╝cken
    Fachhochschule Kaiserslautern
    Amerikastrasse 1
    66482 Zweibr├╝cken

    Phone: +49 6332 914 578
    Fax: +49 6332 914 155
    Email: -kl.de

    Thorsten Peter, Sep 11, 2003
  4. lucke.is

    Jim Milner Guest

    that's just the answer i was looking for! thanks for taking the time to
    respond!!

    jim

    Jim Milner, Sep 11, 2003
  5. ya welcome jim,

    i wish i would find someone who can tell me why my system is basically
    stable, and the only thing that freezes after few seconds is gay prime95 :)
    not that i need it in any way, but i wanna be able to run this as well hehe

    Thorsten

    Thorsten Peter, Sep 11, 2003
  6. lucke.is

    Usenetter Guest

    You're right, this is definitely an "o/c'ing" BIOS.
    The 8RGA+ version also adds precharge delay enable.
    My 8RGA+ was running an XP1800+ DUT3C at 214 x 10.5 (2246 MHz) with a
    Volcano 9 + 32CFM - 1.875 v-core, and 2 x 256 OCZ PC3700 : 8 3 3 2.0 Dual
    Sync.
    It's now running her stably at 226 x 10 (2255) - a substantial improvement.

    Usenetter, Sep 11, 2003
  7. lucke.is

    Jim Milner Guest

    it freezes while yr o/c'd? if so, that's a sign that there's an
    instability. in fact, many o/c'ers use Prime95 to test system stability in
    determining optimum o/c. if you haven't already, read the "stress.txt" that
    came with Prime95.

    if yr not, have you tried setting yr bios to conservative settings and
    testing. have you run a good sys. memory tester like memtest86 to make sure
    yr ram is ok?

    have you monitored yr cpu and sys temps while running Prime95? if so, what
    are yr temps?

    also, what tests, etc., are u running in Prime95 that cause the freeze-up?

    let me know, i'm curious. if you've tried all the above and still can't run
    the proggy, list yr system config and specs

    Jim Milner, Sep 12, 2003
  8. hey,

    well after all it "seems" to be a core voltage issue that's causing prime to
    freeze for me.
    i stress SEEM, cause i thought so many times i could run prime, but i also
    had errors or freezes after 1 hour sometimes or so. but anyways, i just ran
    it for 2 hours 30 minutes without freeze or error at 11x214 mhz (2367mhz
    real according to prime info) at a core voltage of 1.875 volts.
    now i am trying at 1.85 Volts, which still seems ok, it runs for 30 minutes
    now while i am typing this.
    it really seems that prime is more critical than any other stress
    applications, since i ran everything i threw at the machine yday at 1.80
    Volts (3dmark2001 12 loops, Hot Cpu Tester 6 hours etc etc, reinstalled
    WinXP without an error).
    anyways, if i found the reason for my prime problems now i am really happy
    ;-) cause i thought i might have a faulty mainboard or memory etc.
    Concerning your memory question....my 512mb stick of corsair xms 3500 runs
    memtest86 for hours at the most aggresive timings even at 220 mhz, no
    problems at all.
    well here are my sys specs again:

    AMD Barton 2500+ AQXEA 0330 (this baby seems to be a real winner, didnt try
    anything more than 2368mhz yet)
    Thermalright SLK800 with adjustable YSTech 65cfm 80mm Fan
    512 MB Corsair XMS3500
    Epox 8RDA3+ (2708 Bios)
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
    Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Digital
    2 x IBM DTLA 46GB IDE
    48/12/48 Liteon CDRW
    Toshiba DVD Rom
    Enermax 330 Watt PSU

    what is more i think my PSU is reaching its limits with the cpu at 2367 mhz
    + a hungry Radeon 9800 Pro. that's why i ordered a new case (Chieftech 601,
    which i wanted anyways hehe) and a Noiseblocker 430Watt PSU. That new PSU
    should make sure i won't have any trouble with power supply in the future
    ;-)

    regards

    Thorsten

    Thorsten Peter, Sep 12, 2003