    take?

    Cheers
    Michael

    Sharp, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Sharp

    Sm66ca Guest

    Hi there!

    I have this board (rev. 1.x). Great board. The bios on it, however, seems to
    have difficulty flashing to an update. My attempt at a update went horribly bad
    2 weeks ago, however, I've since bought a $10 bios chip (www.epoxstore.com on
    recommendation from someone here) and am awaiting anxiously for it. Latest Bios
    update, I believe, is either July or Oct of this year (8rd34729.bin)

    Michael

    I have an (amd) 2500+ barton on it and leave it overclocked at 3200. Super!

    Sm66ca, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Don't know whether you did or not, but updating a BIOS with a machine
    that's overclocked is a big no-no and can lead to a failed experience
    just as you have described.

    Always set it to default speeds before an update.

    MT

    <snip>

    Michael Thomas, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Sharp

    Sm66ca Guest

    Absolutely. I set everything to default status for anything likea bios update.

    Sm66ca, Dec 10, 2004
  5. Sharp

    Sharp Guest

    I'm not sure where you are located, but do they ship bios chips ship to
    Australia?

    Wouldn't you need a special tool to remove the old bios chip and put in the
    new one? That would set you back some more. And where can you buy this?

    I also have the rev 1.x board! So i won't be doing any flashing at all!!!!
    it sucks, cos they recently released a new bios update dated 2/12/2004.

    Cheers
    Michael

    Sharp, Dec 10, 2004
  6. Sharp

    Sm66ca Guest

    Hi there! I'm from Canada. That bios extractor you speakof should cost no more
    than $5 US which you can purchase at any computer shop...I believe they only
    ship in North America...As far as flashing your bios chip, I'm beginning to
    think you need to disable a jumper on the board, otherwise, at least in my
    experience, the bios update crashes...Anyhere, can correct me on that last
    one...

    Regards,

    Michael

    Sm66ca, Dec 10, 2004
  7. Sharp

    Doug Lynn Guest

    Hi, you should use the bios flash program to update the bios on newer boards
    including Epox. Its invoked using alt-F2 usually, check the manua and follow
    the directions for naming the bios file on a floppy. Insert it in drive and
    hit alt-F2 will bring up the bios flash program. Radio Shack
    stores sells the bios chip extraction tool.

    Doug
    www.lynncomp.com
    Epox direct reseller

    Doug Lynn, Dec 29, 2004
  8. Sharp

    Sharp Guest

    of course you should use the bios flash program! is there alternative?

    Cheers
    Michael

    Sharp, Jan 2, 2005
  9. Sharp

    Graham W Guest

    EPoX's 'Magic Flash' and do it within Windows.

    Graham W, Jan 2, 2005