    This has only started after changing cases temporarily.

    Can anyone help? Thanks

    Peter Geddes

    Peter Geddes, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Suspect a bad component seat, or static damage during handling.

    To verify, assemble outside of the case, and start with the mobo not
    touching any conductive surface. If the system is stable, all will be well
    once a very careful reinstall is accomplished, if it reboots, begin swapping
    out components in this order:

    RAM, CPU, MOBO, PSU. (have no pci cards installed unless required to access
    your boot device; unlikely)

    Derek Wildstar, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Peter Geddes

    Dave Guest

    My guess, the cpu is overheating due to the HSF not installed properly.
    Boot and quickly go to cmos and check the temps in PC health section. You
    may see the cpu temp rising rapidly until overheat protection kicks in and
    shuts down the PC.

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 3, 2003