8rda3+ - sound, com and ps2 problem

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Piotr [ta2L], Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Piotr [ta2L]

    Piotr [ta2L] Guest

    hi all! this is my first post on this group. this is also my first epox
    board. i love it so far, just got it. and i'm not happy 'couse of that :( i
    have three problems with this mobo. i have v2.1 revision, with 10/17/2003
    bios. rest of my pc: amd athlon xp 1700+ B0 (not o/c - yet), 2x256mb micron
    (i know, it's sucks), gf3ti200_64mb, barracuda 7200.7 80gb, cdrw lg 52/24/52

    i've decided to use integrated c-media sound codec. and it was bad idea -
    the sound is stops & skips sometimes, just for a while. i've tried to use
    two versions of win_xp driver: 5.12.01 and 5.12.13.4 - with same results
    :( wtf?! is it normal? what should i do? i've tried to disable c-media, and
    put some old aureal pci soundcard (with many various drivers), but it was
    the same shit - sound stops, scratches, etc. if i reduce FSB from 133 to 100
    (with ratio 11 and memory leaves at 133), the sound is a little better but
    still not satisfied.

    as you know, 8rda3+ have only one "com" socket to plug something, but there
    are two connectors on board. well, i have mobile phone (nokia 3100) which i
    connect to my pc through this port. and on thos mobo it's not working. there
    is everything ok in bios - port is enabled, and there is no irq conflict
    with other devices. but, when i start mobimb (mobile media browser), then
    configure proporly the connection, and plugin the phone - nothing happens...
    the phone is not recognized. like it's not even connected :( this is not
    software problem, 'couse its working on my second pc. its looks like
    something using this port for alll time, that the mobimb can't "catch it".
    windows reinstallation wasn't the solution - i've tried it three times. i
    have pci modem (standard conexat chipset), but even if i take it off,
    nothing is changing.

    iv'e allready checked temperatures on sb and nb: sb is warmth (not hot, i've
    just felt it under my touch), and nb is cold. cpu temp is about 35/38

    my mouse is going crazy. i have a4tech wop35 optical mouse, which on my ecs
    (k7vta3 v3 kt333) worked normally, without any disturbes. but now, she
    scratches and stops sometimes - but not at the same time as sound doing
    that.

    well, what else can i say? system is windows xp pro sp1 with all updates
    (tried even win 2k3 server enterprise - same creepy results), nforce 3.13,
    forceware 53.03. i've post-ed all parts of my pc - all are good.

    i'll give him (epox) two more days, and then if nothing is gonna change,
    i'll send it back :( and buy something else... no more epox :( damn... it
    was my big dream to buy this mobo. i have to pay my monthly payment for this
    :( what here, in poland it's a lot of money... and what? it's working even
    worse that my ecs mobo with crappy ac'97 codec. i can't even listen normally
    mp3 files, becouse this scratches.

    Piotr [ta2L], Feb 1, 2004

  2. When I try to Flash, I get an 'NTLDR' not found error. Anyone know where to
    get this thing?

    EPoX Download: 8RDA3827.EXE containing
    8RDA3827.BIN Bios Date: 08/27/2003
    AWDFLASH.EXE Awdflash 7.87d from Readme file. Should be 8.22+
    README.TXT
    RESTORE.BAT
    UPDATE.BAT

    I have a Samsung DDR 3200 memory (not recommended). When I up the speed to
    200Mhz, 7,3,3,2.5 I get I/O errors and other errors. Anyway to make this
    work or should I just go to one of the recommended memories?

    thanks

    Arthur Schwarz, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Piotr [ta2L]

    straiton Guest

    You have tried various Nforce2 chipset drivers?

    Not familiar with this board,sorry.
    --
    Steve H
    Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod

    straiton, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Piotr [ta2L]

    straiton Guest

    You have tried various Nforce2 chipset drivers?
    Sorry again , that should be NForce3 drivers, i think.There are other
    drivers floating about. Google search for them

    straiton, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Piotr [ta2L]

    Piotr [ta2L] Guest

    ok. thank you. i'll try nf3 drivers

    Piotr [ta2L], Feb 8, 2004
  6. Piotr [ta2L]

    DaveL Guest

    Are you using a boot floppy?

    Dave

    DaveL, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Piotr [ta2L]

    DaveL Guest

    The 8rda3+ is an Nforce2 chipset board. Use the version 3.13 driver on
    Nvidia's website. Don't install the SW IDE driver.

    Dave

    DaveL, Mar 3, 2004