    I've got an old BH6 v1.0. I want to upgrade my graphics card. Will an 8X AGP
    graphics card (like GeForce 5700 Ultra) be OK in it? I think the BH6 is only
    1X AGP. Thanks

    John F, Jan 10, 2004

  2. John F

    ICee Guest

    It depens. If the 5700 is a AGP 3.0 card, then no. This will help
    explain:
    http://www.ertyu.org/~steven_nikkel/agpcompatibility.html

    ICee, Jan 10, 2004

  3. John F

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    I've got an old BH6 v1.0. I want to upgrade my graphics card. Will an
    I believe the BH6 is also 2X if that helps any. I seem to remember running it
    at 2X with a 3DFX card.

    PRIVATE1964, Jan 10, 2004
  4. John F

    John F Guest

    I've got an old BH6 v1.0. I want to upgrade my graphics card. Will an
    How about with the GeForce Ti4200 -will this card work?

    John F, Jan 10, 2004
  5. John F

    BigBadger Guest

    Yes it will

    BigBadger, Jan 10, 2004
  6. John F

    BigBadger Guest

    The BH6 has agp 2x and yes, the GF 5700 Ultra will work (at agp
    2x)......because the GF 5700 used a Universal agp 3.0 key.

    BigBadger, Jan 11, 2004
  7. John F

    John F Guest

    Even though the GeForce Ti4200 is 8X AGP? Will it work with 3.3V?
    (Abit BH6 v1.0) -thanks

    John F, Jan 11, 2004
  8. John F

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Even though the GeForce Ti4200 is 8X AGP? Will it work with 3.3V?
    It depends, some will and some won't. Some are only 4X and 8X, but some are
    also 2x, 4X and 8X or universal.

    PRIVATE1964, Jan 11, 2004
  9. John F

    Rick Guest

    The BH6 supports 1X and 2X. Its AGP slot is limited to 3.3V signaling.
    Some 8X cards support 3.3V signaling, others don't. Here's the chart
    for ATI cards, if someone knows of a similar chart for Nvidia please
    share the info.

    http://www.ati.com/support/agpchart/agp.html

    Rick

    Rick, Jan 11, 2004
  10. John F

    John F Guest

    So which GeForce Ti4200's *will* work with BH6 v1.0 may I ask?

    John F, Jan 11, 2004
  11. John F

    BigBadger Guest

    All GF Ti4200 cards made to the nVidia reference design (which I believe is
    all of them) use universal agp slot...so they will work on your
    board.......He's a link to a test of 3 different models and you can clearly
    see the 'two-notch' universal slot on them
    all.http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Roundups/ti42008x/3.html

    BigBadger, Jan 11, 2004
  12. John F

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Yes I would say just about most 4200's will work in a BH6, but not all. My
    Albatron 4200 won't it's just 4X or 8X. You need to find one that your
    interested in and look at its specs to see if it will work in a 1X/2X slot, but
    4200's are getting harder to find.

    PRIVATE1964, Jan 11, 2004