    Judge Guest

    what am I missing here? Doesnt look like much of a difference.....
    900a vs 947u = who's the best cooler?

    Judge, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Judge

    rms Guest

    900a vs 947u = who's the best cooler?

    They are identical, the 947 simply has more clearance.

    But I emailed Thermalright a couple days ago. They will be announcing
    two new heatsinks soon: The SP-97 (Athlon version of the SP-94 heatpipe
    heatsink), and the SP-98 (Athlon64 version).

    These new heatsinks when they appear will be the new kings of AMD
    heatsinks.

    rms

    rms, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Judge

    Judge Guest

    thanks for the heads-up on the upcomers, but the 947 appears to be the
    'king' for the moment, as it's worth 2-4 degrees over the 900a. I
    would imagine the difference is clamping power of screws versus the
    springs.

    Judge, Nov 24, 2003