    The Nvidia detonator drivers haw this ability!

    Please Help!
    Greetings

    Goran, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Often as not, it is a function of the "stretch to fit" that allows all
    resolutions to fill an abnormally sized screen. On LCDs this function is
    used because they only actually have one resolution, so any other is wrong
    and must be stretched to fit. Either change the resolution of the game to
    the native ( i.e. highest stated actual ) resolution of the LCD, or turn off
    the stretching... I usually run my games at native resolution anyway, but
    alternatively you can run a game at an even divisor of the actual resolution
    ( ex. if the LCD resolution is 1600 by 1200 and it is possible to chose 800
    by 600 in the game - my laptop is 1280 by 800 WXGA so if I ran a game at 640
    by 400 there would be no stretching - coincidentally, it uses the 9200 as
    well... ).

    John David Carter, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Goran

    Goran Guest

    yes you haw right
    i find this option
    Scale image to panel size!!!
    and i haw now up and down black track..this is ok
    but in oder games i dont have this resolution witch is aspect ratio is
    4:3, and circle is elipse,..
    i have q17 with dvi connected to 9200 radeon...

    Goran, Oct 5, 2003
  4. The q17 looks like a nice monitor...

    What drivers are you using for your 9200, and are you using any tweak
    programs? You might try and see if something like Rage3d tweak might help.
    I use that alot. What kind of 'older' games do you play, and have you tried
    different available resolutions in them? What resolution do these 'older'
    games usually run at?

    John David Carter, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Goran

    Goran Guest

    i use catalyst 3.7
    for tweaking i use nothing:(
    i can't find now some site of tuning
    rally extreme gives 1280*960 and this is fine...
    but bridge commander only haw 1024*768 and 1280*1024 at the best
    resolution is higher...
    nvidia driver haw this oportuniti..my frend haw all of hardwer but
    geforce4 card...

    fixed aspect ratio scaling
    monitor scaling
    display adapter scaling