9200SE: After install I cannot access display properties!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Jason, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Help!

    I had a Nvidia geforce2 200mx. Uninstalled all nvidia drivers, then
    the card. Installed 9200se (128mb). Installed catalyst drivers
    (newest ver from ATI).

    I cannot access my display properties. (rt click on desktop or
    through control panel)

    Any ideas?

    Here is what I have tried (none of these things worked):
    1) reinstall ati drivers
    2) uninstall all ati drivers/card (I also used online cat cleaner util
    from ati) Install old video card.
    3) Stuff from step2 + newest nvidia drivers
    4) uninstall nvidia drivers, software, card.
    5) install 9200, boot to safe mode. Delete all references to nvidia
    or ati that I could find. Reboot. Install catalyst drivers.
    6) update AGP driver (AMD-700 chipset), reinstall drivers.
    7) bang head against wall
    8) bang head against computer

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

    Jason, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Jason

    patrickp Guest

    At a guess, you haven't removed all the NVidia driver remnants, Jason.
    Try something like Driver Cleaner, and/or look for an appropriate
    NVidia driver remover in the NVidia forums.

    Just in case you've nuked something you shouldn't have, run SFC
    (System File Checker) as well.

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Jason

    QVA508 Guest

    I had the same problems , here is how I fixed it: Go to ATi website ,
    download OMEGA drivers for your card and OS. Remove the Catalyst control
    panel , install Omega drivers. Picked up 8-10 FPS in Flight Sim. Love these
    drivers !!!

    Ross

    QVA508, Jul 17, 2004