9500 64MB Vs 9600/Pro

Discussion in 'ATI' started by DoD, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. DoD

    DoD Guest

    I currently have a 9500 64MB which I love and i hate.

    Its the 64MB. I cant get AA above 4x in 1024 due to this lack of memory.
    Pushing my settings to "Quality" In some games pushes my FPS down to 10 at
    times but maily 15-20.

    So im thinking of upgrading soon, to get something with at least 128MB. I
    see that 9500 pro's are being pulled off the market, so i can only really
    get a 9600

    However, how would these fare up against the 9500? I prolly wont get the
    256MB version as that seems like a waste of money - if anything it should
    be on the 9800 or 9600 pro which might use it.

    Would i see a significant difference with a 9600 128MB over my 9500 64MB to
    be worth the cost? (PRO version is out of my price range) As if it is, ill
    wait until i can bag one for £80 and jump on it ;)

    Cheers, and thanks for any help :)

    DoD, Aug 28, 2003

  2. DoD

    Zulu Guest

    What does the rest of your system look like?

    Zulu

    Zulu, Aug 28, 2003

  3. DoD

    DoD Guest

    2600+, A7N8X, 512 MB PC 2700, that enough?

    DoD, Aug 28, 2003
  4. DoD

    Zulu Guest

    Fine.
    A 9700np may be a good alternative, they're dropping in price right now. Or
    maybe a second one.

    Zulu

    Zulu, Aug 28, 2003
  5. DoD

    DoD Guest

    The problem is avaliability.

    Ive been on my local stores websites, and they have 9700P's 9800(all) 9600
    (all) and all the ones below 9500. But in terms of R300 or whatever the
    chip is called there's only 9700 pro i can find :(

    DoD, Aug 28, 2003
  6. DoD

    DoD Guest

    The 9500 PRO is better than the 9600 PRO but the 9600 PRO is better than
    the 9500, of which i have, and also a crippled version of that. With 64MB
    you can just take 30% off all of the results for the 128MB, as its just
    stupid making a 64MB version.

    I dont get why they make a 256MB 9200? it only needs 64MB?

    DoD, Aug 28, 2003
  7. DoD

    Shawk Guest

    Shawk, Aug 28, 2003