    product.

    thanks in advance

    matthew

    matt, Nov 24, 2003

  2. matt

    TMack Guest

    Assuming the card hasn't been damaged by overheating, why not simply replace
    the heatsink with a crystal orb cooler? The old heatsink/fan is held on by
    two easily removed pins and the holes on the crystal orb line up perfectly -
    i did this on a 9500 and it took less than 10 minutes and cost me £5.00 uk
    (about ($8) for the crystal orb. See this article - refers to a 9700 but
    the process is exactly the same

    http://www.2cooltek.com/ati9700.html

    Tony

    TMack, Nov 24, 2003

  3. matt

    matt Guest

    thanks for the reply tmack. i will follow your advice if the shop proves to
    be funny when i ring them tomorrow. if they are willing to replace it then i
    think that will be my best option.

    cheers

    matt

    matt, Nov 24, 2003
  4. matt

    Dark Avenger Guest

    9600XT or an 9700, you should get a card with 8 pixel pipelines and 4
    texel pipelines!

    Strange that they don't offer to put a zalman heatsink on it....

    Dark Avenger, Nov 24, 2003
  5. matt

    Randy Guest

    Put a new fan on it yourself..

    Randy

    Randy, Nov 25, 2003
  6. matt

    Dark Avenger Guest

    The 9600XT has no 8 pipelines though... yet... it's speed makes up for
    just having 4 pipelines!

    Dark Avenger, Nov 25, 2003
  7. matt

    Thomas Guest

    If it's the 9500 non-Pro, the 9600 Pro would be a good one. De 9600 non-Pro
    has far slower memory than the 9500 NP. Don't get stuck with *any* 9600 SE
    version... The 9800SE is another good alternative; it has also 4 pipelines,
    and 256 bit memroy, at comparable speeds.

    If it's the 9500 Pro, well, it's difficult. It's got 8 pipelines... I think
    the 9600 XT would come closest... That has only 4, but a faster clockspeed.

    Thomas.

    Thomas, Nov 25, 2003
  8. matt

    matt Guest

    cheers thomas i will have a look at the 9600xt

    matt, Nov 26, 2003