    Being only a casual gamer is there any major advantage forking over
    the extra $140 for the 9800?

    thanks for any info.

    Big Toe, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Big Toe

    Tod Guest

    I'm a gamer and the ATI 9100 has worked great for me.
    So the ATI 9600 XT I got for Christmas should be enough.
    But I'm thinking of swapping it for the 9600 Pro All in Wonder.

    Tod, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Big Toe

    Mike P Guest

    Gaming speed and DVI out are the only advantages for the 9800proAIW, price,
    FM tuner and dual vga connectors are the 9600pro advantages.

    Mike

    Mike P, Dec 26, 2003
  4. I don't think any of the AIW cards include software to record directly
    on to a DVD-R but they do all (well all going back quite a way anyway)
    record to your hard disk in DVD compatible MPEG-2 format which means
    editing (with extra software) and then burning onto DVD-R (or -RW, +R,
    +RW) does not involve a lengthy conversion process, just simple
    conversion from MPEG-2 to VOB.

    Brian Gregory [UK], Dec 27, 2003
  5. Big Toe

    Mike P Guest

    My 9600pro AIW came with pinnacle8, which will burn to cd/dvd.
    I haven't used it yet though, I'm using nero.
    Mike

    Mike P, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Big Toe

    Big Toe Guest

    http://ati.com/products/radeon9600/aiw9600pro/features.html

    Personal Production Studio
    Import and edit classic home videos or create personal blockbusters to
    share with family and friends at home or over the internet.
    Capture still images at resolutions up to 720 x 480 and video at up to
    30 frames-per-second
    Add effects, transitions and sound with Pinnacle Studioâ„¢ software
    (available with the ALL-IN-WONDER® 9600 PRO)
    Save projects to VideoCD and DVD formats
    New! Integrated DVD and VCD directly from MULTMEDIA CENTERâ„¢. Save home
    movies and TV shows to DVDs at the click of a button forever!

    The above line is what led me to that conclusion. It's a moot point
    now anyway since I have just ordered the AIW 9600 Pro.

    Thanks guys for your feedback.

    BT

    Big Toe, Dec 28, 2003