  1. Sir Basil

    Sir Basil Guest

    Which is better?

    Sir Basil, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Sir Basil

    Helion Guest

    The 9600 is, wouldn't pay more than about 120usd for either card though...
    the new 5700's and 9600XT's are right at 199.00. I bought a 5600 Ultra for
    124.99 because of price and am very happy, although the 9600 Pro is
    obviously faster when benchmarked. The 5700's though have given the 9600XT
    a run for the money. Hope this helped!

    Helion, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Sir Basil

    Sir Basil Guest

    What about those two cards vs a Ti4200?

    Sir Basil, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Sir Basil

    DaveW Guest

    The 9600 will have higher framerates. The 5600 has more stable drivers.
    Define better...

    DaveW, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Sir Basil

    phobos Guest

    9600 in most cases. I didn't like the 5600's when they first came out
    and still don't. 5700U on the other hand is excellent.

    phobos, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Sir Basil

    PB Guest

    Don't forget that the 9600 (non-pro) can be upgraded to a 9600 Pro
    (non-non-pro) with a simple BIOS flash, and voila, you just bought yourself
    a free graphics card update.

    DD

    PB, Nov 13, 2003
  7. Sir Basil

    Alpine Guest

    Where would you get the BIOS flash? I've been considering a 9600 Pro for my
    spare computer, however if I can get a pro for the price of a non-pro it
    looks even better.

    ==================
    Due to an excessive amount of spam, if you want to send me an e-mail put
    eniplA in the subject if you want me to see it.

    Alpine, Nov 15, 2003
  8. Sir Basil

    PB Guest

    From what I have heard, you just d/l the latest bios for the pro version and
    flash the non-pro with it.

    Sapphire branded ones supposedly take it quite well.

    DD

    PB, Nov 15, 2003