    and memory clock speed. Will the extra memory offset the slower engine and
    memory clock speed? Sorry if a lot of this is redundant.....

    What's the better card for Doom 3 and HL2?

    Frank Bals, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Frank Bals

    Augustus Guest

    The 9600XT is a LOT better than a straight 9600. 325Mhz core, 400Mhz
    effective memory on the 9600. 500Mhz core, 600Mhz memory effective on the
    XT. This is a big difference. As for the extra memory on the straight 9600,
    forget it. Having a gig of RAM is more important than having 256Mb of video
    memory.

    Augustus, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Frank Bals

    Conor Guest

    9700 Pro. PLenty on E-Bay and because they're a 256 bit bus they beat
    9600's.

    Conor, Aug 16, 2004