    But after I install it for my 9600XT card, but there is no OVERDRIVE tab on
    display panel.
    Anybody know how to enable it?

    SKYEK, Jan 27, 2004

  2. SKYEK

    Daren Evans Guest

    If you turn off any start up options such as atipol then the overdrive tab
    disappears - I believe it's the programme for polling the temp of the
    graphics card.

    Daren Evans, Jan 27, 2004

  3. SKYEK

    SKYEK Guest

    There is no such startup atipol found in startup

    SKYEK, Jan 27, 2004
  4. SKYEK

    Daren Evans Guest

    I have ATIsmart and ATIpoll - if I disable ATIPOLL I loose the overdrive
    tab. Don't know if this works for all operating systems - but go to start,
    then run and type in "msconfig" go to start up items and check them there.

    Daren Evans, Jan 28, 2004
  5. SKYEK

    Tomg Guest

    Is your card from Sapphire? There are known issues with getting the
    overdrive tab to show up - Sapphire is currently working with ATI on the
    issue (or so they say).

    You should check out the Sapphire website in the support forums for more
    info.

    Regards,
    Tom

    Tomg, Jan 28, 2004
  6. SKYEK

    SKYEK Guest

    My card from GeXCube.

    SKYEK, Jan 28, 2004
  7. Don't buy an ATI 9600XT based video controller unless it is a genuine retail
    ATI 9600XT, as most other "builders" that are using the ATI 9600XT chipset
    have not fully followed the ATI reference design, used old PCB's that were
    "in stock"
    to rush product out for Christmas holiday, and have not enabled the ATI
    "OVERDRIVE"
    feature.

    I too was "duped'" by C.P.Technology Co., Ltd. aka/dba in United States as
    Power Color USA Corp. in purchasing a R96A-C3T in a new system I had built
    by Future Technologies International, Inc. (FTI), Great Neck, NY about two
    weeks ago, who is an "authorized" distributor/reseller" Power Color
    products.

    The cost to me between the Power Color R96A-C3T and a genuine retail ATI
    9600XT was less than five dollars, but I went ahead with the Power Color
    Product since it seemed to have a better bundle. I was not aware that there
    were any differences in the cards, as Future Technologies International,
    Inc. (FTI) web site (as do most other resellers) still to this day state the
    fact that the Power Color R96A-C3T has "OVERDRIVE", as does C.P.Technology
    Co., Ltd. Main web site, only in the last week has the Power Color USA Corp.
    web site quietly removed the statement about the Power Color R96A-C3T having
    'OVERDRIVE" ability.

    Timothy T. Doran, Feb 8, 2004
  8. SKYEK

    Tvegas Guest