9600XT Pre-order: Best Buy is more important to ATI than their own online store customers?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Bob, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    The 9600XT is available at Best Buy and Circuit City, probably elsewhere
    too. I preordered on Oct 6 direct from ATI and still have not received the
    product. After a long wait on the phone today with them (toll call to
    Canada) I was told "We must have a purchase agreement with those stores" and
    "your order is still not shipping". WTF kind of service is this? Transfer to
    online sales....

    After another lengthy hold, Online Sales and they said they were going to
    call ME today. huh? The pre-orders are now shipping in order and only after
    they have called the customer to verify the order. Strange policy.

    Luckily my card ships tomorrow otherwise there would have been a quick
    cancellation.

    I am not posting this just as a gripe but to let others who pre-ordered know
    the scoop. Hopefully you will get a call today or tomorrow for verification.
    I suppose you should wait for the call since the call to Canada is not Toll
    Free and the wait is very long on hold.

    Hope this helps those wondering where their card is.
    -Bob

    Now we can wait again for Half Life 2!

    Bob, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Bob

    Alpine Guest

    I've given up on pre-ordering anything. Seems the local stores always get
    the items first and someone is usually having a sale for less than I
    pre-ordered.

    Due to an excessive amount of spam, if you want to send me an e-mail put
    eniplA in the subject if you want me to see it.

    Alpine, Dec 5, 2003