    Is there any other motherboard monitor application that will work with
    this motherboard?

    Thanks.

    Scott, Apr 30, 2007

  2. The CPU temperature must be wrong. 18 degrees C is only in the 60's F.
    No way the CPU is that cool, in fact that temperature is probably
    below the temperature of the room in which the computer is located.

    Barry Watzman, Apr 30, 2007

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    The CPU temperature in BIOS and EasyTune is reading the room
    temperature; the System temperature is reading 16 degC higher - they
    must have been crossed, either hardwire in the board or in the BIOS..
    I have BIOS F9 - anyone else reading the temperatures correctly with
    this or another BIOS version?

    Scott, Apr 30, 2007
  4. Scott

    fondue Guest

    If you want to test it, run Prime95 or some other CPU testing program and
    see which temp moves the most.

    My 965p-s3, shows the CPU temp lower than the system at idle. Initially I
    thought the same as you, but when I tested the CPU temp shot up. (Core Duo
    6400 BTW).

    The reading wasn't as low as room temp though, so you might have some sensor
    problem.

    Speedfan should work - http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php - though it will
    likely give the same reading, and requires a little bit of tweaking to set
    up the display, because it reports on all sensors from the mobo, and labels
    them temp 1, temp 2 etc...
    Does HDD SMART/temp reporting as well.

    Core Temp - http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ - apparently modern CPUs support
    digital temp reporting from inside the chip. This will show a higher temp,
    which I suppose is to be expected as it's closer to the cores. Check the
    supported CPU list to see if your is on it.

    There is an intel utility called Themal Analysis Tool, which does the same
    thing as Core Temp, so will give you the same temps, but it has a few
    options to allow the CPU/s to be loaded up with work. Not sure where I got
    that utility from.

    HTH.

    fondue, May 1, 2007
  5. Scott